The North Haven and Myrtle Fire Departments responded to a mobile home fire on Union County Road 83, just before 2 p.m., Friday, July 5.
Upon arrival firefighters reported smoke coming from the rear of the mobile home, window blinds melted, and fire in the mobile home’s interior.
Crews made entry and extinguished the fire in the laundry room area of the home. Heavy fire damage was reported in that portion of the home with moderate to heavy smoke and heat damage throughout.
“Quick response and efforts from the firefighting crews limited the fire damage. Firefighters were able to save some personal items,” said North Haven Firefighter Mark Whiteside.
“A neighbor noticed smoke and notified us just before the fire vented itself. This likely prevented more severe damage and loss of all interior and personal items.
“Sometimes quick notification and response comes together and works out. We were saddened by the loss but pleased to have been able to save some irreplaceable personal items,” Whiteside concluded.
No one was at home at the time of the fire. Even though outside temperatures were high, there were no injuries reported.
Fire, Myrtle Volunteer Fire Department, North Haven Volunteer Fire Department, Union County MS