On December 9, the New Albany School District announced its scheduling plans for December and January. This plan includes a hybrid schedule to be used from January 6-22. The hybrid schedule may possibly be utilized longer if numbers of positive cases and quarantines require us to do so to protect our students, staff, and community.
The hybrid model will allow for increased social distancing on each school campus. All students will be placed in either a Maroon team or a Bulldogs team and will report to school on their assigned Maroon or Bulldogs day. When it is not their day to attend in-person, traditional school, students will participate in school virtually.
Students will NOT report to campus on Wednesdays and classes will be conducted virtually that day for all students. Each Wednesday will be used for deep cleaning and additional sanitizing measures.
To assist families in preparing, the Maroon team & Bulldogs team will be determined by the last name of the oldest sibling/student in the household. This allows for the oldest sibling to remain in the home with younger students.
Team Maroon: Last Names A-J Team Bulldogs: Last Names K-Z
Team Maroon will attend in-person school on Mondays & Thursdays; Team Bulldogs will attend in-person school on Tuesdays & Fridays. If students are not attending in-person school, they will be required to participate in virtual school. ALL students will participate in virtual school on Wednesdays.
For students on the hybrid schedule, the following meal distribution procedures will be followed. For food safety purposes, the meals provided will be typical sack meals with cold food options.
- Students will notify their first period teacher each day if they want breakfast and lunch meals for the following day(s).
- Meals will be delivered to students (in their classrooms) who request meals at the end of the school day.
Monday: Students can receive breakfast and lunch meals for Tuesday & Wednesday.
Tuesday: Students can receive breakfast and lunch meals for Wednesday & Thursday.
Thursday: Students can receive breakfast and lunch meals for Friday.
Friday: Students can receive breakfast and lunch meals for Monday.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
During the holiday break, if a student tests positive for COVID or is a close contact of a COVID positive person, they should email Nurse Tammie Reeder at firstname.lastname@example.org with information. Nurse Reeder will respond to all emails on January 4 regarding the handling of quarantine days that will affect school attendance.
Other Important Information
- All students in grades K-12 will follow the Hybrid schedule.
- PreK students will attend Monday-Friday (even on Wednesday).
- Bus transportation will be provided Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday each week.
- Full virtual school is an option for students if they choose. Please contact the Virtual School Administrator at your school to complete required paperwork.
- Free WiFi is available at all school campuses. Students can park outside any building in the school district and get high speed internet. Parents can connect their personal device to NASD-Fast with no password.
- Reminder the hybrid schedule may be extended past January 22 if needed. A plan will be released on January 19 regarding school scheduling for after January 22.
Detailed Schedule for January 6-22
Wednesday, January 6: All K-12 students will be virtual
Thursday, January 7: Team Maroon will be in-person; Team Bulldogs will be virtual
Friday, January 8: Team Bulldogs will be in-person; Team Maroon will be virtual
Monday, January 11: Team Maroon will be in-person; Team Bulldogs will be virtual
Tuesday, January 12: Team Bulldogs will be in-person; Team Maroon will be virtual
Wednesday, January 13: All students will be virtual
Thursday, January 14: Team Maroon will be in-person; Team Bulldogs will be virtual
Friday, January 15: Team Bulldogs will be in-person; Team Maroon will be virtual
Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr Holiday; No in-person or virtual school
Tuesday, January 19: Team Bulldogs will be in-person; Team Maroon will be virtual
Wednesday, January 20: All students will be virtual
Thursday, January 21: Team Maroon will be in-person; Team Bulldogs will be virtual
Friday, January 22: Team Bulldogs will be in-person; Team Maroon will be virtual
*Reminder-the hybrid schedule may be utilized after January 22 if needed.Covid, hybrid schedule, January schedule, New Albany, New Albany School District, Northeast Mississippi, Union County