Alphabet Blog Hop
Christy Littlejohn & Kelsey Epting’s 1st grade class at New Albany Elementary School has participated in an Alphabet Blog Hop this semester.
First grade and kindergarten from across the country participated in this activity. Some classes chose send photos of classmates and their school buildings. Each class sent a letter describing their community.
Twenty-six classes from around the country were assigned a letter. Each kindergarten and first grade class made a craft for the assigned letter and wrote a note telling about their towns, schools, and states.
Littlejohn’s first grade students received letters from the following states; Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
First grade students in Littlejohn’s class learned many interesting facts from the blog exchange including:
- Letter Q-Quails can fly up to 40 miles an hour.
- Many classes live close to mountains and those students enjoy hiking.
- A school in Texas found an 11 foot alligator on their campus after a flood.
- One of the schools is located in the town where the Indy 500 takes place.
- The school in Illinois has a garden for the students to grow food.
- A kindergarten class is located on the McGuire Air Force Base. All of those students have parents in the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Teachers reported that the students had a wonderful learning experience and really enjoyed receiving mail.New Albany MS