New Albany, Miss., February 1, 2021–Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County was recognized by the Mississippi Perinatal Quality Collaborative (MSPQC) for its excellence in obstetric hemorrhage care by fully implementing evidenced-based safety measures proven to reduce maternal morbidity and mortality.
“Congratulations to our obstetric team for this outstanding recognition,” said James Grantham, CEO and administrator at Baptist Union County. “We appreciate our team members and thank them for their continued dedication to health care quality and safety.”
To receive this recognition, Baptist Union County demonstrated full implementation of the Obstetric Hemorrhage AIM Safety Bundle. This includes:
- Providing OB specific resources and protocols to support patients, families, and staff through major complications
- Performing debriefs after cases with major complications
- Performing multidisciplinary systems-level review on all cases of severe maternal morbidity
- Having a hemorrhage cart readily available for use
- Having hemorrhage policies and procedures that provide unit-standards for management
- Having integrated order sets into their hospitals Electronic Health Record
- Having provided education to nurses and providers on hemorrhage
- Completing hemorrhage risk assessments on mothers with risk level assigned at least once between admission and birth
- Quantifying blood loss from birth through the recovery period
- Conducting unit drills related to hemorrhage
Baptist Union County offers a variety of services, including adult and pediatric inpatient care, labor and delivery, surgery, a 24-hour emergency department and diagnostics. The hospital also has 3D mammography, TeleHealth services and an eICU. Baptist Union County has an excellent reputation for providing quality care and recently earned an “A” Safety Grade from the Leapfrog Group. Most notably, Baptist Union County earned five stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for the hospital’s quality, outcomes, safety and patient satisfaction. The Chartis Center for Rural Health also recognized the hospital as one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the country.
For more information about Baptist Union County, please call 662-538-7631 or visit unioncounty.baptistonline.org.Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County, Mississippi Perinatal Quality Collaborative (MSPQC), New Albany MS, Northeast MS news, obstetric hemorrhage, Union County MS